Ionic is a software development company managed by software developers, based at University College Dublin's Innovation Park in South Dublin.
Using a small team of highly skilled people, we build simple, efficient, web-based applications that make our customers happy. We're self-funded, profitable and surprisingly well-organised for such a small company. If you'd like to work for a company where everyone makes a difference, but you also want a personal life, that's us.
Web Developers Required
We're currently looking for experienced, self-motivated developers who care about producing quality code. You'll work in a small team of developers, building web applications using a range of technologies.
Experience: The successful applicant will probably have more than three years web development experience.
• 3+ years experience developing web applications ideally using PHP, ColdFusion or similar.
• Strong SQL and relational database design skills.
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Experience using web application frameworks and AJAX toolkits. • Solid understanding of user-interface design principles. • Experience developing OS and DBMS independent applications. • System administration (primarily Linux, but Windows would be useful too). • DBMS administration/optimisation (our DBMS of choice is PostgreSQL, but we also work with MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server). • Experience using source control systems (CVS, Subversion etc.).
Although not absolutely essential, we generally expect that you will have some third level training in software development. If you haven't, we'll just expect you to be able to prove that you really know your stuff.
No Agencies Please.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.